All the events are by pre registration only. No walk-ins will be encouraged. If you have any event suggestions please contact TGIF Vice President of Events (contact information here).
Please read this elaborate list of frequently asked questions about any event registration. If you still have a question, please contact the TGIF Vice President of Events (link above).
- Plenty coming up in 2012-13. Please stay tuned!
- PSAT Result/ Seminar: June 1, 2012
- Students received a comprehensive analysis of their performance, detailing individual strengths and weaknesses. Parents encouraged to attend. The seminar talked about what the PSAT can tell you about preparing for the SAT/ACT and how these tests play a role in applying for college.
- GATE Olympics: May 25, 2012
- PSAT Mock Test: May 18, 2012
UC Berkeley Field Trip: April 13, 2012
- The test has five test sections - two on critical reading, two on Math, and one on writing skills. Test simulates actual test conditions. Bring a calculator and two #2 pencils.
- UC Berkeley is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university and a wellspring of innovation, UC Berkeley occupies a 1,232 acre campus with a sylvan 178-acre central core. From this home its academic community makes key contributions to the economic and social well-being of the Bay Area, California, and the nation. UC Berkeley has joined hand with us to offer guided tours to our TGIF members and their children. This tour will benifit middle school and high school students.
- Stanford University Field Trip: April 11, 2012
- Stanford university is one of the most attractive Private universities this side of Missisipi. We are very lucky to be living so close to Stanford. Many people travel hours just to see it. Stanford University is giving TGIF an opportunity to give our Gifted children an outlook at what Stanford is all about. They have invited us to join them for a guided tour. This tour is specially going to be very informative for our Middle and high school students.
- GATE Parents' Meeting: March 26, 2011
- Asian Art Museum Field Trip: March 17, 2012
- Summer Programs Fair: March 2, 2012
- Chair: Renu Bhatia
- The Summer Programs Fair showcases a wide variety of activities, classes and camps suitable for primary and secondary students, from various educational institutions and businesses in the areas of academics, art, music, and nature, as well as, numerous service learning and internship opportunities.
- Open to non-members. No pre-registration needed. Walk-ins only.
- Event website
- Arithmetic with Abacus: February 16, 2012
- Presented by: Puja Kasliwal, Brain-O-Magic (links opens in another window/tab)
- Family Night with Vedic Math - Friday, January 27, 2012